- Rutgers University, NJ, BS Geology, 2012
- Rutgers University, NJ, BS Evolutionary Anthropology, High Honors, 2015
- Rutgers University, NJ, PhD Candidate
- Earth and Planetary Sciences
- Instructor, Earthquakes and Volcanoes - 2020-2021
- Teaching Assistant, Introductory Geology Lab, Paleontology Lab, Planet Earth - 2016 to present
- Department of Anthropology
- Part-Time Lecturer, Extinction and Evolution & Human Behavior - 2016 to 2017
Honors and Awards
- Rutgers Center for Human Evolutionary Studies Albert Fellows Dissertation Research Award - 2021
- Rutgers Earth & Planetary Sciences Teaching Assistantship - 2016 to present
- The William & Grace Sparks Graduate Student Research Award - 2018
- TA/GA Professional Development Award - 2017 to present
- GSA Student Travel Grant - 2016
- Army Women’s Foundation - 2016
- National Military Family Association - 2016
- School of Arts and Sciences Excellence Award - 2015
- Bigel Endowment Award for Undergraduate Research in Anthropology - 2015
- Rutgers School of Arts and Sciences Paul Robeson Scholar - 2014 to 2015
- Steven K. Fox Award, Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences - 2012
- Paleoenvironmental Reconstruction
- U-Pb Geochronology
- Project Geologist
- Associate Researcher
- Turkana Basin, Kenya
- Turkana Miocene Project, 2020 - present
- Turkana Basin, Kenya
- Field Assistant, 2014 to 2018
Advisor and Dissertation Committee
- Craig Feibel
- Jim Browning
- Bob Raynolds
- Ben Black
Meetings / Abstracts
- Williams, R.G., Neitzke Adamo, L., and Boyd, M.D., 2021, Analyzing Coastal Geomorphology at The Rutgers University Marine Field Station with Remote Sensing Technology, in Northeastern Geological Society of America 2021 Annual Meeting.
- Saslaw, M., Henkes, G., Beck, C., Liutkus-Pierce, C., Feibel, C., Rowan, C., and Boyd, M., 2021, Middle and Late Miocene paleoclimates from clumped isotopes of soil carbonates, Turkana Basin, East Africa, in AGU Fall Meeting Abstracts, v. 2021, p. PP13A-08.
- Boyd, M.D., Feibel, C.S., Manthi, F.K., Ward, C.V., and Plavcan, J.M., 2018, A Synthesis of Multi-proxy Paleoenvironmental Reconstruction Methods: The Depositional Environments of the Lomekwi Member, Nachukui Formation, West Turkana, in Geological Society of America 2018 Annual Conference.
- Boyd, M.D., Feibel, C.S., Manthi, F.K., Ward, C.V., and Plavcan, J.M., 2018b, Facies Associations and Depositional Environments of the Lomekwi Member, West Turkana, Kenya, in AGU Fall Meeting Abstracts, v. 2018, p. PP31B-1657.
- Boyd, M.D., Feibel, C.S., Manthi, F.K., Ward, C.V., and Plavcan., and J.M., 2018a, A Preliminary Look at the Depositional Environments of the Kalochoro and Kaitio Members of the Nachukui Formation, West Turkana, in AFQUA: The African Quaternary Environments, Ecology and Humans 2nd International Conference and Workshops, v. 2018, p. 31–32.
- Beck, C.C., Lubbe, J., Feibel, C.S., Joordens, J.J., Boyd, M.K., Cohen, A.S., and Campisano, C.J., 2018, Using Facies and Grain-size Analyses to Assess Feasibility of a Bentonite to Tephra Correlation in the Kaitio Member, West Turkana, Kenya, in AGU Fall Meeting Abstracts, v. 2018, p. PP31C-1666.
- Boyd, M.D. , Feibel, C.S., Manthi, F.K., Ward, C.V., and Plavcan, J.M., 2016, Why Lomekwi? Geology and Depositional Context of the Lomekwi 3 Archaeological Site in Kenya: A Sedimentary Facies Analysis, in Geological Society of America 2016 Annual Conference, v. 2016, p. 168–7.
- Geological Society of America
- American Geophysical Union
- Society for Sedimentary Geology
- American Association of Physical Anthropologists
- Sigma Delta Epsilon