Doctoral student in petrology and tectonics
Doctoral student employing a broad range of techniques to research on volcanics in Antarctica and structural problems in the Newark Basin that have academic and industry-related outcomes.
- J. VanTongeren, A. Taylor & B. Schoene, 2019. Solidification timescale for the Dufek Intrusion, Antarctica, determined by U-Pb zircon ages. GSA Annual Meeting 2019, GSA Abstract #337907.
- A. Taylor, J. VanTongeren & B. Schoene, 2018. New crystallization ages for the Dufek Intrusion, Antarctica, quantified by high precision U-Pb zircon analyses. Wager & Brown Layered Igneous Rocks Workshop 2018, 13th International Platinum Symposium.
- F. Rodriguez, A. Taylor, D. Roberts, K. McColm, D. Rodriguez, M. Garcia-Merino, E. Padron, F. Burns, G. Melian, I. Cabrera, M. Asensio-Ramos, P. Hernandez, N. Perez; 2018. Diffuse CO2 emission from the oceanic active volcanic island of Gran Canaria, Canary Islands. EGU General Assembly 2018, Geophysical Research Abstracts, Vol.20, Abstract 10481-4.
- Rutgers University: GEO 100/103: Introductory Geology; GEO 101: Planet Earth; GEO 302: Petrology
- Research Assistant, Instituto Volcanológico de Canarias
- Geoscientist, Nautilus Training/RPS Energy
- Graduate Mining/Rock Mechanics Engineer, Golder Associates
- Exploration Geologist, Anglo American
- Student Geologist, SRK Consulting
- Rutgers University, Ph.D. Geological Sciences (present)
- Camborne School of Mines, MSc MCSM Mining Engineering
- Royal Holloway, Univ. of London, BSc (Hons) Geology
- USA, Lehigh University '19 | ExxonMobil Exploration | Reservoir Characterization and Modeling.
- USA, NJ, PA & NY '19 | Geology of the Newark Basin, ENAM and CAMP.
- South Africa, Bushveld Complex ‘18 | UG1 Chromite (Dwars River) and Bugersfort Bulge.
- USA, Wyoming & Montana '18 | Yellowstone volcanism and Stillwater Complex.
- Spain, Gran Canaria '17 | Geochemical survey and geothermal exploration.
- Canada, Bay of Fundy & Cape Breton '15 | Rift basins, passive margins and salt tectonics.
- Greece, Gulf of Corinth '15 | (Corinth - Diakofto) Rift tectonics and normal faults.
- Australia, WA & QLD '13 | Greenfield iron ore exploration and metallurgical coal mining.
- India, Himalayas '10 | (New Delhi - Leh) Tectonics of the Himalayas, geomorphology and geohazards.
- Iceland, South Coast '09 | MOR tectonics and hotspot volcanism.
- Kenya, Rift Valley '09 | (Nairobi - Marich Pass) Rift tectonics and field methods.
- The George Rowe Award for Research in Mineralogy - 2018
- Off-Campus Dissertation Development Award - 2018
- Earth and Planetary Science Excellence Fellowship - 2018