- Rutgers University, NJ, Ph.D. Student
- Fluminense Federal University, B.S. in Water Resources and Environmental Engineering, 2018
- Undergraduate Thesis I: "Data collection for water quality modeling in the River Macacu Watershed"
- Undergraduate Thesis II: "A hydrological model applied to a small, forested watershed: discharge predictions for different climatic scenarios"
Rutgers University Earth and Planetary Sciences
- Teaching Assistant for GEO 414 - Hydrologic Processes
Honors and Awards
- National Geographic Society - Early Career Grant - 2020
- Project: "Searching belowground: can land hydrology explain plant distribution and function?"
- CUAHSI - Universities Allied for Water Research - The Pathfinder Fellowship - 2020
- Project: "Hydrologic influences on plant function across climates"
- American Geophysical Union (AGU) - The Horton Research Award - 2018
- Project: "Vegetation responses to groundwater in the Amazon"
- Federal Government of Brazil/CAPES - The Science Without Borders Exchange Fellowship - 2014
- Vegetation and groundwater: how does groundwater drive plant distribution?
- Plant physiological traits: how do plants cope with water-related stresses?
- Water and forest mortality: how do tropical forests respond to meteorological and hydrological droughts?
Advisor and Dissertation Committee
- Dr. Ying Fan Reinfelder (Advisor)
Potkay, A., ten Veldhuis, M.C., Fan, Y., Mattos, C.R.C., Ananyev, G., Dismukes, G.C. 2019. Water and Vapor Transport in Algal‐Fungal Lichen: Modeling constrained by Laboratory Experiments, an application for Flavoparmelia caperata. Plant, Cell & Environment.
Meetings / Abstracts
- Workshop - "Plant hydraulics, hydrological environments and tropical vegetation modeling" - Wageningen University, Netherlands - 2018
Measuring trees in the Cerrado Savanna, Brazil, July 2019