- Rutgers University, NJ, Ph.D. Candidate in Geological Sciences
- University of Texas at Austin, TX, M.S. in Geotechnical Engineering, 2017
- Masters Thesis: "Flow Processes in Unsaturated, Expansive Soils"
- Virginia Tech, VA, B.S. in Civil and Environmental Engineering, 2015
Rutgers University Earth and Planetary Sciences
- Geologic Modeling 01:460:418 - Spring 2019
- Vegetation and groundwater: how do soil water and groundwater dynamics drive changes in transpiration, carbon storage, and growth, particularly rooting depth?
- Plant physiological traits: how do plants optimize their efficiencies within the limits of genotypic variation and environmental constraints?
- Water-Stress and Forest Mortality: how do forests respond to meteorological and hydrological droughts?
- Potkay, A. 2017. One-dimensional seepage in unsaturated, expansive soils. Vadose Zone J.
- Zornberg, J.G., Armstrong, C.P., Potkay, A. 2017. Implementation of centrifuge testing of
expansive soils for pavement design. FHWA/TX-17/5-6048-03-1. Center for Transportation
Research, UT Austin.
Meetings / Abstracts
- "Understanding Water and Gas Transport in Algal-Fungal Symbionts: Integrating Laboratory Experiments and Numerical Modeling of Lichens" - Washington D.C., Fall 2018 AGU Meeting