- Rutgers University, PhD in Geology (anticipated)
- University at Buffalo Law School, J.D. in Law
- SUNY Binghamton, M.S. in Geology
- SUNY Buffalo, B.S. in Biology
- Ithaca College, B.A. in Political Science
- EXCELLENCE FELLOW 2014 - PRESENT
RUTGERS UNIVERSITY, NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
- Design and execute geomicrobiological experiments with a focus on contaminated sediments and microbial transformations of redox sensitive trace contaminants.
- Draft research proposals for review by governmental funding organizations.
- GRADUATE FELLOW 2012 - 2014
- STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK AT BINGHAMTON, BINGHAMTON, NY
- Analyzed research samples utilizing diverse techniques, including X-ray diffraction, ion chromatography, and fluorescence spectroscopy, and statistically interpreted generated research data.
- Instructed undergraduate students and appraised their performance in laboratory and lecture courses.
- ASSOCIATE/OF COUNSEL
- JEFFREY FREEDMAN ATTORNEYS AT LAW, BUFFALO, NY 2003 - 2011
- Managed all phases of litigation, including the drafting of relevant pleadings, representation of clients at hearings, depositions, and trial, and the conclusion of settlement negotiations.
- Drafted motions, briefs, petitions, and other legal memoranda.
- Provided client consultations and maintained a personal client caseload.
- Mentored and trained junior associates within the Bankruptcy and Social Security Disability Department and supervised legal and secretarial support staff.
- LEGAL RESEARCH COORDINATOR 2001 - 2002
- WESTERN NEW YORK COUNCIL ON OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH BUFFALO, NY
- Led a team of six legal clerks in a multi-year research project analyzing the potential impact of incorporating statutory and regulatory elements from other states workers’ compensation systems in New York.
- Compiled and presented the research group’s findings to local legislators.
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- New York State Courts
- U.S. Federal District Court, Western Division of NY
- Bankruptcy Court, Western Division of NY
- Remediation of contaminated sediments and aquifers
- Environmental geochemistry
- Environmental Measurements
- Planet Earth (Introduction to Geology)
Advisor and Dissertation Committee
- Professor Nathan Yee
- Professor John Reinfelder
- Professor Thomas Kulp
- American Geophysical Union, Geomicrobiological Cycling of Antimony (coauthor) • 2013
- University at Buffalo Law Alumni Association, The Nuts and Bolts of Bankruptcy Filings • 2005
- Erie County Bar Association, Commercial Law Committee, Life Insurance and Bankruptcy • 2004