- George Mason University - B.Sc. Earth Science with a Concentration in Geology 2012
- Rutgers University, NJ - Ph. D. Student, anticipated graduation date Spring 2018
- Lab Instructor, George Mason University Department of Atmospheric, Oceanic, and Earth Sciences, Spring 2013 to Spring 2014
- Teaching Assistant, Rutgers Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences, Fall 2014 to Present
Honors and Awards
- 2013: USGS/NAGT Cooperative Field Training Program Participant
- 2013: George Mason Outstanding Senior in Earth Science: Geology
- Sedimentology, stratigraphy, and geologic mapping
- My research focuses on the physical properties of the sediments underlying Sandy Hook, NJ and the role they play in the relatively rapid sea level change recorded at the Sandy Hook tide gauge.
Advisor and Dissertation Committee
- Dr. Kenneth G. Miller
Meetings / Abstracts
- Johnson, C.S., Miller, K.G., Browning, J.V., Kopp, R.E., Khan, N.S., and Stanford, S.D., 2015. Why does Sandy Hook have that Sinking Feeling? Geological Society of America Annual Meeting, Baltimore, MD.
- Mountain, G., Kucuk, H.M., Nedimovic, M., Austin, J., Fulthrope, C., Newton, A., Baldwin, K., Johnson, C.S., Stanley, J., and Bhatnagar, T., 2015. Sea level History in 3D; Early results of an ultra-high resolution MCS survey across IODP Expedition 313 drillsites. American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, San Francisco, CA.
- Nedimovic, M., Mountain, G., Austin, J., Fulthrope, C., Aali, M., Baldwin, K., Bhatnagar, T., Johnson, C.S., Kucuk, H.M., Newton, A., and Stanley, J., 2015, Sea level history in 3D; Data acquisition and processing for an ultra-high resolution MCS survey across IODP Expedition 313 drillsites. American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, San Francisco, CA.
- Johnson, C.S., Hughes, A.S., Siron, C., Haynes, J.T., Diecchio, R.J., Lambert, R. A., and Blake, D.E., 2014. Bedrock Geologic Mapping of the Western Half of the Monterey SE 7.5-Minute Quadrangle, Virginia. Geological Society of America Southeastern Section Meeting, Blacksburg, VA.