Follow me on Twitter! @barihanafi
- Ph.D. in Structural Geology, Rutgers University, New Jersey, 2020 (anticipated).
- M.S. in Structural Geology, Rutgers University, New Jersey, January 2013.
- B.S. in Geology, Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia, February 2010.
- Structural geology using field, seismic-reflection, and well data.
- Salt tectonics.
- Scaled-experimental modeling.
- Rutgers University, Teaching & Research Assistant, January 2016 - present.
- ExxonMobil, Well Site & Operations Geologist, February 2013 - May 2015.
- ExxonMobil, Geologist, Feburary 2010 - February 2013.
Honors and Awards
- ExxonMobil/GSA Student Geoscience Grants by Geological Society of America (GSA), Deformation of salt layers and interbedded impurities: Insights from scaled experimental models. 2018.
- Student Research and Travel Grants Awards by GSA Structural Geology and Tectonics Division, 2018.
- Student Research Grant Awards (Grants-in-Aid) by AAPG Foundation, Deformation of interbedded salt layers during detached and basement-involved extension: Insights from scaled experimental models. 2017.
- AAPG Annual Meeting Travel Grant by SEPM Society of Sedimentary Geology, 2017.
- Conference Travel Grant by Rutgers Graduate School of New Brunswick, 2017.
- Young Alumni Award by Geological Alumni Association of Bandung Insitute of Technology, 2012.
- Jérôme H. Remick Poster Award by Geological Association of Canada (GAC), 2012.
- ExxonMobil Geoscience Scholarship by ExxonMobil Indonesia, 2010-2013.
Highlights of Publications / Meetings
- Hanafi, B. R., Withjack M. O., Schlische, R. W., 2017. The temporal and lateral facies variability and internal geometries of syn-rift salt: Insights from the early Mesozoic Orpheus rift basin, offshore eastern Canada. AAPG Annual Conference and Exhibition, Houston, USA.
- Hanafi, B. R., Withjack M. O., Schlische, R. W., Syamsir, Z., Durcanin, M. A., 2013. The influence of synrift salt on deformation during and after rifting: Examples from the Orpheus rift basin, offshore Nova Scotia and Newfoundland, Canada. AAPG Annual Conference, Pittsburgh, USA.
- Hanafi, B. R., Withjack, M. O., Syamsri, Z., Durcanin, M.A., Schlische, R. W., 2012. The Mesozoic Orpheus rift basin, offshore Nova Scotia and Newfoundland, Canada: The influence of basin architecture on salt tectonics and basin inversion. GAC-MAC Joint Annual Meeting, St. John's, Canada.
Advisor and Dissertation Committee
- Dr. Martha O. Withjack
- Dr. Roy W. Schlische
- Dr. Christopher J. Potter (USGS/Rutgers University)
- Dr. Bruno C. Vendeville (Université de Lille)