- Ph.D. in Structural Geology, Rutgers University, New Jersey, 2019 (anticipated).
- M.S. in Structural Geology, Rutgers University, New Jersey, January 2013.
- B.S. in Geology, Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia, February 2010.
Academic Research Experience
- The tectonics and salt tectonics of the Eastern North American Passive Margin. 2016 - present.
- The simulation of tectonic inversion in salt-rich basin using physical experimental models. 2016 - present.
- The influence of basin geometry on salt tectonics and basin inversion in the Orpheus rift basin, offshore Eastern Canada, 2010-2012.
- Rutgers University, Teaching and Research Assistant, January 2016 - present.
- ExxonMobil, Geologist, Feburary 2010 - May 2015
Highlights of Publications / Meetings
- Hanafi, B. R., Withjack M. O., Schlische, R. W., Syamsir, Z., Durcanin, M. A., 2013. The influence of synrift salt on deformation during and after rifting: Examples from the Orpheus rift basin, offshore Nova Scotia and Newfoundland, Canada. AAPG Annual Conference, Pittsburgh, USA.
- Hanafi, B. R., Withjack, M. O., Syamsri, Z., Durcanin, M.A., Schlische, R. W., 2012. The Mesozoic Orpheus rift basin, offshore Nova Scotia and Newfoundland, Canada: The influence of basin architecture on salt tectonics and basin inversion. GAC-MAC Joint Annual Meeting, St. John's, Canada.
Advisor and Dissertation Committee
- Dr. Martha O. Withjack
- Dr. Roy W. Schlische